A sample client app to connect to your supersocket customprotocol is needed.

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Hi Kerry, could you add a couple of paragraphs to show a clientengine implementation to connect to your sample server on supersocket?

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Yes, I can. But for now, you can consider websocket4net as your sample to use SuperSocket ClientEngine, because WebSocket4Net uses ClientEngine.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Hello Kerry,
I have developed a basic SuperSocket server.

I was trying to write a client, then I noticed this SuperSocket Client Engine.
Your previous reply says to consider websocket4net, but I do not quite see. Have you had a chance to create any examples since this original post?

Thank you.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2013 at 11:21 PM
My suggestion is, if you design the network protocol by yourself, you'd better use websocket protocol. Then you can use SuperWebSocket as server and websocket4net as client directly.
Feb 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
I was considering the websocket4net, but I need a very light client that will be eventually put on a card using the MicroFramework.

I was only using the BinaryRequestInfo, from my client (which is currently TCPClient type.)
The problem is the SuperSocket does not seem to accept the BinaryInfo.

Thanks for the tips
Mar 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
I'm also looking for a simple sample to connect to a supersocket socket. I am able to connect fine, but can't seem to trigger the NewRequestReceived handler using SuperSocket Clientengine's AsyncTcpSession.send. Using telnet in a command prompt does trigger the NewRequestReceived handler, so I'm at a bit of a loss.
Mar 30, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I ended up using the StringRequestInfo on my Server.
In my client, my problem was that I needed to append "\r\n" to my message I was sending to the Server. Once I did that, The Server got all of my messages.

Good Luck.